Wednesday, June 20, 2018 – Edition: #6238
Here’s Sheet in Your Eye!
BS SHOW BIZ BUZZ:
★ (***Caution: Language***) Emma Roberts has teased her return on season eight of “American Horror Story”. In a video posted on her Instagram, she can be seen in her gothic getup, saying her alter ego’s famous line: ”Surprise Bitch! Bet you thought you’d seen the last of me.” Roberts will reprise her role as moody Madison Montgomery in the popular HBO horror series for the brand new instalment, which sees season one and three, ‘Murder House’ and ‘Coven’, merge together. Joan Collins, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates will all make appearances in season eight, which is slated to air in September.
★ Heather Locklear was taken to a hospital for a psych evaluation after her mother claimed she was threatening to kill herself . Police sources say that a family member called 911 Sunday afternoon to report they were concerned for Heather. Apparently, Locklear was agitated during the day, so her parents went to her home. That’s when Locklear got violent, reportedly choking her mother and hitting her father. Her mother called police, and Locklear was taken to hospital.
★ Jon Bernthal, who played Shane Walsh in the early seasons of “The Walking Dead,” has sparked rumors of a return to the show after being seen hanging out around set. His character was killed off in Season 2. Now, fans are speculating online that Bernthal is in Georgia shooting flashback scenes. So far, there is no official word from AMC.
★ Sandra Bullock has opened up about her decision not to appear in sex scenes. She is one of Hollywood’s most bankable stars, having headlined big hits like “Speed”, “While You Were Sleeping”, “Miss Congeniality” as well as “The Blind Side”, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress. She told The Sunday Times Magazine. “I don’t want to know what my best angles are. Don’t wanna see it. Don’t want to hear it. Therefore, I’m not going to do it on film.” Bullock went on to explain that because she’s always pursued unconventional female roles, every step of her career “was a fight”, but she credits her comedic ability for much of her success.
★ It doesn’t look think things are getting better between Tommy Lee and his son, Brandon. After 22 year-old Brandon shared a video of his unconscious father to social media and wrote up a threatening Father’s Day post, Tommy took to Twitter and Instagram on Monday night to once again slam his son, writing: “Rehab for son: $130,000, Party for son’s 21st birthday last year: $40,000. Medical Bills after son knocks his father unconscious and uses ‘alcoholism’ as scapegoat: $10,000, Son acting like a victim on social media on father’s day: Priceless.”
(The first thing these two need to do is take their problems OFF social media!)
TODAY’S SHOW BIZ SKED:
• “Jimmy Kimmel Live” (ABC/Global): Nick Kroll, Evangeline Lilly, Ne-Yo
• “The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon” (NBC/CTV): Robert Pattinson, Pete Davidson, Brockhampton
• “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” (CBS/Global): Trevor Noah, Liza Koshy, Two Feet
• “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (NBC/CTV): Mike Myers, Alison Brie, Kacey Musgraves
• “The Late Late Show with James Corden” (CBS/CTV): Damian Lewis, Ruth Wilson, Chris Pratt
• “Conan” (TBS/Comedy): Burt Reynolds, Dylan Moran, Rachel Feinstein ( R )
• “Watch What Happens Live” (Bravo): Tinsley Mortimer, Zoey Deutch
• “The View” (ABC/CTV): Alison Brie
• “The Talk” (CBS): Bryce Dallas Howard, Jaymes Vaughn, guest co-hosts JoAnna Garcia Swisher & Carrie Anna Inaba
• “Live with Kelly and Ryan” (ABC/CTV): Amy Schumer, Ludacris, Chris Sullivan, Neon Trees
• “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (NBC/CTV): Funny guys from Season 15, including Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jamie Foxx, Jay Pharoah, Woody Harrelson, Dax Shepard
• “Ozzy and Jack’s World Detour” (A&E): With Jack stuck in L.A. waiting for his baby to be born, Kelly and Ozzy head for Arizona. They tour the impressive Biosphere, followed by a night of beauty masks.
BS MUSIC NOTES:
• Pitbull – Just when you think he has done every kind of collaboration, he comes up with another. Mr. Worldwide, who recently released ‘Amore’ with Leona Lewis, has announced that we can expect a new collaboration with Britney Spears and Marc Anthony.
• Spice Girls – Their much-anticipated reunion tour has reportedly been scrapped after Victoria Beckham (Posh) had a heated argument with rest of the Girls. They supposedly had a $200 million deal for a run of shows to begin September 27, which would have included all five members.
• Lauryn Hill – has released the line-up for her upcoming anniversary tour in North America, and it will include Dave Chappelle, Nas, and M.I.A. De La Soul, A$AP Rocky, Busta Rhymes, and SZA will also appear on Hill’s rotating cast of support acts. Her landmark album, “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill”, turns 20 this year, and she is performing the album in full across North America.
• Elvis Presley – His one-time private jet is back on the auction block. The red 1962 Lockheed Jetstar, which has sat on a runway in New Mexico for nearly four decades, is listed on the online auction site IronPlanet after its current owner bought it last year for $430,000.
• Elvis Costello – has announced a North American tour. It begins Nov. 2 in Bethlehem, PA, and concludes Dec. 4 in Vancouver. He also has a new album on the way.
• Oasis – Their 1995 hit ‘Don’t Look Back in Anger’ is among the latest singles to pass the one million sales milestone in the band’s native UK. It joins hits by Rick Astley (‘Never Gonna Give You Up’), Coldplay (‘Paradise’), and LMFAO (‘Sexy & I Know It’) as the latest additions to the UK’s one million single sales mark club, which now totals just 175 songs, including Oasis’ ‘Wonderwall’.
• David Lee Murphy – scored the second No. 1 single of his career this week with ‘Everything’s Gonna Be Alright’, which features vocals from Kenny Chesney. Murphy says, “We went in without expectations, and I wouldn’t have imagined this. But it sure feels good.”
• Big & Rich – are the latest singers to receive their own reality television series, thanks to Mark Wahlberg. John Rich revealed in a recent interview that “Living Big & Rich” could launch as early as this Fall. He says Wahlberg “Liked our whole thing” and will serve as executive director on the show.
THE PRICE IS RIGHT:
The world’s first ‘Pay What You Can’ grocery store has opened in Toronto, Canada.
It is being operated at a downtown location by the local startup ‘Feed it Forward’. Here’s how it works: Visitors can take one day’s worth of food for a family, or choose a bi-weekly box of pre-packaged food and recipes. Checking out involves providing your name, contact information and details on what was taken. Where does the food come from? Feed it Forward’s founder, executive chef Jagger Gordon, rescues food from anywhere he sees waste, including grocery stores, farmers, growers, bakeries, distributors and restaurants. Although those organizations may think their food that is no longer fit for sale, Gordon sees how it could be used to create nourishing meals for those who need them, and as he puts it, “It’s a simple procedure of taking those trucks that are destined for landfills and hijacking them and giving them to people in need.” Shoppers can also “pay it forward” by donating money to cover the cost of food for someone who can’t afford to pay. Shoppers who can’t afford to pay anything will receive food at no cost. The shop also includes a bakery, café, soup bar, and a rooftop garden.
(And it probably has fresher produce than the place I shop at!)
(Can I use expired coupons for my expired produce?)
(How is it that every city doesn’t have one of these?)
You might think they’re pretty, and you might think they smell nice, and for your sake, I hope they do, because a study done last summer showed that those candles you buy to keep mosquitos away have exactly zero effect. Well, that’s not entirely true. Citronella candles were actually found to ATTRACT mosquitos. Also ineffective: mosquito-repellent bracelets and sonic repellers, which are advertised to ward off bugs with sound waves. What DID work? The standard insecticide known as DEET, and wearable foggers which emit the chemical metofluthrin. If you’re looking for a natural solution, try oil of lemon eucalyptus spray.
(Or hang out with people who mosquitos find delicious!)
PAPER OR PLASTIC?
McDonald’s has announced that their restaurants in the United Kingdom and Ireland will be phasing out plastic straws. Many fast-food chains are facing increasing pressure from customers and environmental activists to stop using plastic straws because they can end up in the ocean and harm marine life. Mickey D’s in the UK plans to make the move to paper straws, which disintegrate in the environment beginning in September. In North America, they are also looking to phase in an alternative to plastic straws in some restaurants later this year.
(Does this mean they are also getting rid of the strawberry milkshake?)
(I was going to say that ‘plastic sucks’, but apparently it doesn’t any longer!)
OUT OF CONTROLLER:
The World Health Organization has announced that video game addiction, or “gaming disorder” is now classified as a mental health condition. The classification of gaming disorder means health professionals and systems will be more “alerted to the existence of this condition” while boosting the possibility that people who suffer from these conditions can get appropriate help.
Here are the three major characteristics of someone who is suffering from “Gaming Disorder”:
✓ Gaming behavior takes precedence over other activities to the extent that other activities are taken to the periphery.
✓ Impaired control of these behaviors. Even when the negative consequences occur, this behavior continues or escalates.
✓ The condition leads to significant distress and impairment in personal, family, social, educational or occupational functioning. The impact may include disturbed sleep patterns, diet problems and/or a deficiency in physical activity.
(Are these the same people who decided that ketchup can be called a vegetable?)
(Based on the symptoms, I think I have “smartphoning disorder”.
(That sounds like every teenager I know!)
BS CHRONOMETER 06.20.18
TODAY’S CELEBIRTHDAYS . . .
1942  Brian Wilson, Inglewood, CA, rock singer (co-wrote over 25 top-forty hits with the Beach Boys ‘Good Vibrations’, ‘Surfin’ USA’)
1945  Anne Murray, Springhill, Nova Scotia, singer (‘Snowbird’, ‘Could I Have This Dance’, ‘You Needed Me’)
1949  Lionel Richie, Tuskegee AL, pop singer (‘All Night Long’, Commodores-‘Easy’)/Reality TV judge (“American Idol” 2018)
1952  John Goodman, Afton MO, movie actor (“10 Cloverfield Lane”, “Argo”)/TV actor (“Roseanne” 1988-97, 2018) COMING UP… “Black Earth Rising” 2018
1954  Michael Anthony, Chicago, IL, bassist (Van Halen- ‘Jump’, ‘Runnin’ With the Devil’, Currently plays in “Chickenfoot” and “The Circle” with former Van Halen singer Sammy Hagar)
1960  John Taylor, Solihull England, bassist (Duran Duran- ‘Hungry Like the Wolf’, ‘Rio’)
1967  Nicole Kidman, Honolulu HI, movie actress (“The Others”, “Moulin Rouge!”)/Mrs Keith Urban since 2006/Mrs Tom Cruise 1990-2001. COMING UP… “Boy Erased” 2018
1968  Robert Rodriguez, San Antonio TX, movie director-producer-screenwriter (“Machete” movies, “Sin City” films)
1989  Chris Mintz-Plasse, LA CA, movie actor (“Kick-Ass” films, “How to Train Your Dragon” films) COMING UP… “How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World” 2019
TODAY’S BS REASONS TO PARTY . . .
• “World Productivity Day” … better today than on a Monday! Start looking at your processes and seeing where waste can be cut out, set yourself a list of things to accomplish and where you think productivity is lacking, identify problem areas and start an action plan to solve it. (Then when you see all the time you’ve wasted, get back to work and do things the way you always do, only faster!)
• “World Refugee Day”, first declared by the UN in 2001 as an expression of solidarity with Africa, which hosts the most refugees.
• “American Eagle Day”, to commemorate America’s national symbol, the Bald Eagle. In a 1784 letter to his daughter, Benjamin Franklin complained about the choice of the Bald Eagle as America’s symbol, saying he preferred … the turkey. (If they went with that, would I be wearing jeans with “American Turkey” written on the label?)
• “New Identity Day”, have fun thinking about who you might want to be for a day. (***See Today’s Phone Starter, below***)
• “Ice Cream Soda Day”, you should invest some time in slurping this frothy wonderment up a stripy straw. The drink is comprised of only a couple of scoops of ice-cream in any carbonated beverage.
• And for those who don’t like to rock the boat, today is also “Plain Yogurt Day” and “Vanilla Milkshake Day”.
COMING UP . . .
[Thurs} Seashell Day
[Thurs] Peaches and Cream Day
[Fri] Take Your Dog to Work Day
[Fri] Chocolate Éclair Day
THIS DAY IN SHOW BIZ . . .
1975  The movie “Jaws”, based on the book by Peter Benchley, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Roy Scheider, is released
2006  The BBC cancels its landmark weekly pop music show “Top Of the Pops” after a record 42 years on-air
TODAY’S MUSIC EVENTS . . .
2008  Jimmy Buffett announces his Margaritaville Holdings is buying Trump Marina Hotel Casino for $316 million, adding to Buffet’s vast business empire that already includes tequila, beer, frozen food, footwear, restaurants, a resort, a record label, and recording studio
2008  Surrey University in England awards Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page an honorary Doctorate in Music
TODAY’S FIRST . . .
2013  Instagram first offers users the ability to upload videos to the service
TODAY’S RECORD . . .
1986  In Rochester NY, competitive eating champ Peter Dowdeswell sets a new record by downing 144 prunes in 32 seconds (sets another record the next morning)
BS WACK FACTS:
✓ “LOL” was written to mean ‘lots of love’ in letters before the internet.
✓ Watching a 90-minute horror movie can burn as many calories 30-minute walk.
✓ Walking through a doorway can cause memory lapses, which is why we sometimes walk into another room, and forget why.
✓ There are only two escalators in the entire state of Wyoming.
✓ A study found that just the sight of meat had the ability to relax men.
✓ In Italy, Darth Vader’s name was changed to ‘Lord Fener’ because ‘Vader’ sounds too similar to the word ‘toilet’ in Italian.
BS STRANGE DATING PROBLEMS:
• When he’s WAAAY prettier than you.
• When neither of you talks because you’re too busy live-tweeting your date.
• When you discover she has arranged for the two of you to be guests on Maury.
• When your date will only eat dates.
• When she looks nothing like her profile pic…and he looks just like his.
• When the two of you have divergent stances on Santa Claus.
• When, at the end of the night, she asks for money.
• When conversation turns to awkward silence after a disagreement over whose grandma would win in a fight.
• When your wife wants to tag along.
• When he wants you to spank him with a magazine that has his face on the cover.
BS PHONE STARTER:
If you could be anyone else for a day (famous or not), who would it be?
BS RANDOM JOKE:
Frankenstein is more famous than all the other monsters put together.
BS WATER COOLER QUESTION:
Question: 76% of us do this and get embarrassed if we are caught. What?
Answer: Sing in the car
BS DEEP THOUGHT:
The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you’re playing by somebody else’s rules, while quietly playing by your own.