Thursday, June 13, 2019 – Edition: #6472
Tomorrow’s Show Prep Today!
BS SHOW BIZ BUZZ:
★ (***Caution***) When it came time for Adam Sandler to organize his daughter Sadie’s bat mitzvah, he turned to one of the biggest names in music and asked for a favor. Sandler asked Maroon 5’s Adam Levine to sing a few tunes for his little girl’s big day. Sandler says, “He’s just such a good dude. I texted him, he responded right away, and said, ‘Yeah, I’ll come by.’” Levine did swing by, and sang three songs, and as Sandler joked: Everyone “was going crazy — kids, adults. My mother was horny.”
★ Keanu Reeves recently became a trending topic on Twitter after fans noticed a particularly endearing photo-taking habit. One twitter user wrote: “Lol Keanu ain’t taking no chances” alongside four photos that show Reeves’ hand hovering above the waists and arms of multiple women, including female fans and fellow celebrity Dolly Parton. Others have noted that the practice, sometimes called “manner hands” or “hover hands,” is a sign of respect in Korea. Reeves self-identifies as an Asian Canadian and person of color, thanks to his Chinese heritage.
★ Amanda Bynes is being sued by her rehab clinic for not paying the bill for two days of treatment earlier this year. The facility wrote: ”Amanda Bynes was a client at our dual diagnosis residential treatment center. She was at our facility for two days receiving inpatient treatment,” and that she owes $1,233.33 per day for the two days. Since leaving the facility, Bynes has been working on her planned fashion line, which she decided to launch after graduating from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising.
★ Former “Baywatch” star Pamela Anderson is set to make an appearance on “The Hills” reboot “The Hills: New Beginnings.” She’ll make a quick appearance alongside her son Brandon Lee, who is set to be a regular on the reality show. While the original series was centered around Lauren Conrad, the reboot will be focused more on Kim Kardashian’s step brother, Brody Jenner and his friends. The new season is set to premiere on June 24 on MTV.
TODAY’S SHOW BIZ SKED:
• “Jimmy Kimmel Live” (ABC/Global): Tom Hanks, Pamela Adlon, Koffee
• “The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon” (NBC/CTV): Sienna Miller, Josh Charles, Ryan Tedder, OneRepublic
• “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” (CBS/Global): Kevin Bacon, Mark Ronson, Lykke Li
• “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (NBC/CTV): Andy Cohen, Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Regina Spektor
• “The Late Late Show with James Corden” (CBS/CTV): Dax Shepard, Jodie Comer, Paul Rudd, Avril Lavigne (R)
• “Conan” (TBS): Don Cheadle
• “Watch What Happens Live” (Bravo): Rosie Perez, Mark Ronson
• “The View” (ABC/CTV): John Delaney
• “The Talk” (CBS): Mindy Kaling, guest co-host Vanessa Williams
• “Live with Kelly and Ryan” (ABC/CTV): Chris Hemsworth, guest co-hosts the Jonas Brothers
• “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (NBC/CTV): Aubrey Plaza, Maggie Rogers, Jennifer Lopez
• “A.P. Bio” (NBC): Season 2 finale
• “Project Runway” (BRAVO): Season 17 finale
• “NBA Final” (CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS): Toronto Raptors at Golden State Warriors in Game 6
BS MUSIC NOTES:
DJ Khaled — is reportedly planning to sue “Billboard” after his new album “Father Of Asahd” failed to reach Number One on the US chart. The album was topped by Tyler, The Creator’s “IGOR”, which outsold Khaled’s album by 30,000. Khaled feels that Billboard unfairly disqualified 100,000 sales because they were a part of a bundle with an energy drink.
• Selena Gomez — walked the red carpet for the premiere of her new movie, “The Dead Don’t Die” on Monday night and shared that her new album is “finally done.” She has been teasing fans via social media the last few months, and confirmed that the album is complete, but wouldn’t provide any further details.
• Madonna — has revealed the artwork for her upcoming album and, surprise, it has shock value. She shared an explicit photo for “Madame X”, which shows a topless female with a rose going through her nipple, and the caption: “Portrait of A Lady…Madame X.” It comes out tomorrow.
• ’N Sync — Rumors of a reunion began swirling after the group made a surprise appearance during Ariana Grande’s Coachella set in April, and now, group member Lance Bass says the band is looking at “many many” offers that have come their way since. As he puts it: “People are really into nostalgia right now. They’re really digging the `90s and early 2000s again, and I think fans just want to feel that innocence and excitement again.”
• Spice Girls — are reportedly looking at their own Las Vegas residency. They’re currently on a huge reunion tour across the UK, and it is said while they want to limit their time on the road, they would be happy to ”set up camp” in Sin City to allow them to ”fly in and out” to spend time with their families in between dates
• Queen – “Rocketman” director Dexter Fletcher says he almost arranged for Rami Malek to appear as Freddie Mercury in the Elton John biopic. The filmmaker told an interviewer: “There was an idea I had…where Elton’s in a restaurant with his mother. I thought…Freddie could be at another table and they wave at each other.” He ultimately scrapped the idea because he was “not looking to set out to make a cinematic universe.”
• Creedence Clearwater Revival – Their entire Woodstock performance will finally be released, 50 years after the band played at the legendary music festival. “Live at Woodstock” comes out on Aug. 2 and will include all 11 songs from CCR’s set on Aug. 16, 1969.
• Led Zeppelin – are headed back to court. A panel of 11 judges from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will hear their appeal in a copyright lawsuit alleging the group stole its 1971 epic ‘Stairway to Heaven’ from an obscure 1960s instrumental. The panel will hear the case in late September in San Francisco.
• Cam — will headline the fifth annual “Sound of Summer” charitable concert July 23 at the House of Blues Chicago with proceeds going to support She Is The Music (SITM). “Sound of Summer” has pledged to hire women for the event’s key roles, in both front-of-house and back-of-house positions.
• Miranda Lambert — Her “MuttNation” helped 61 dogs find forever homes during its fourth annual CMA Fest Adoption Drive June 6–9. To kick it off, more than 1,300 animals lovers—including Miranda and Dan + Shay’s Dan Smyers—took part in the one-mile “Mutt March” through downtown Nashville, which helped raise funds and awareness for shelter pet adoption.
ANOTHER THING MOM KNEW BEFORE THE REST OF US:
Researchers have determined that the physical burden of pregnancy is basically equal to running a 40-week marathon. Duke University evolutionary anthropology professor Herman Pontzer, who co-authored the study, says, “Pregnancy is the longest-duration, highest-energy-expenditure thing that humans can do. Mothers probably aren’t surprised by this.” Researchers looked at basal metabolic rates (BMR), or how many calories you need in order to function when your body is at rest. The most anyone can sustain, according to the study, is burning calories at 2.5 times the person’s BMR. They found that pregnancy women operate at 2.2 times BMR, almost the maximum possible, for some 270 days. By comparison, Tour de France cyclists move at 4.9 times their resting rate during the race, but that only needs to be sustained for 23 days.
(But that’s nothing compared to what they’ll have to endure when their kids are teenagers!)
(All that for 9 months, PLUS they have to put up with their husband?)
(What if you’re ‘just a little bit’ pregnant?)
NOT-SO SMART PHONE:
An internet provider is offering $1,000 to see if a person can survive with a flip phone for a week. Frontier Communications in the U.S. is willing to give one smartphone-addicted individual the chance to win $1,000 if they can make it through seven days of using a flip phone from the 1990s. The company is looking for “smartphone addicts, social media experts, and tech geeks” to participate. Frontier will provide the (**ahem**) winner with a “Boredom Buster Swag Bag,” which includes a physical map, a pocket phonebook, a notepad and pen, and CDs with ’90s music to occupy their time during their trip back to the dark ages. Those interested in partying like it’s 1999 are required to explain in 200 words or less why they should win the privilege of using a flip phone for a week.
(I couldn’t do it, but my Mom does it…every week!)
(A thousand bucks AND no Facebook for a week? You win twice!)
(Because I ENJOY having to press a button 4 times to text one letter?)-
WHY DO DADS…
(According to a Twitter thread, here are the things Dads do that make people wonder…)
☞ Why do dads always shake their handful of peanuts/m&m’s etc before popping them in their mouth?
☞ Why do dads love the free mint bowl at restaurants so much?
☞ Why do dads have way-too-thick wallets???
☞ Why do dads ask for the weirdest things for their birthday like no I’m not gonna get you gravel for the driveway.
☞ Why do dads take grilling so seriously?
☞ Why do dads just leave their socks everywhere?
☞ Why do dads think they can outsmart a GPS?
☞ Why do all dads have to back into every parking spot? like they have to prove themselves to everybody
☞ Why do all dads think it’s okay to eat expired food?
☞ Why do dads never want to admit when they’re sleeping like *eyes are completely closed* “no I was not sleeping at all I was resting my lids.”
☞ Why do dads always grunt when they sit down?
☞ Why do dads always answer the phone saying “yello”?
☞ Why do dads think it’s funny to slow down the car when you tell them you have to pee?
DID YOU KNOW?
That strange leg-kick or full-body jerk just as you’re falling asleep is called a “Hypnic jerk”. One theory is that they’re a result of the natural downshifting of the nervous system as you’re falling asleep. Another theory suggests that as you’re drifting off to sleep, your brain misinterprets the relaxing of your muscles as a sign that you’re actually falling and signals your muscles to tense up in order to protect you.
BS CHRONOMETER 06.13.19
TODAY’S CELEBIRTHDAYS . . .
1943  Malcolm McDowell, Horsforth England, movie actor (“A Clockwork Orange”, “Halloween”)
1953  Tim Allen (Dick), Denver CO, TV actor (“Last Man Standing” since 2011, “Home Improvement” 1991-99)/movie actor (“Toy Story” films, “Santa Clause” movies) COMING UP…”Toy Story 4″, 2019
1962  Ally Sheedy, New York, NY, movie actress (“The Breakfast Club”, “St. Elmo’s Fire”)
1970  Rivers Cuomo, Yogaville CT, alt-rock singer-guitarist (Weezer-‘Buddy Holly’, ‘Beverly Hills’)
1974  Steve-O (Glover), London England, reality star, stunt performer (“Jackass” TV show 2000-02, “Jackass” films)
1981  Chris Evans, Boston MA, movie actor (“Captain America” films, “Avengers” films) COMING UP…”Knives Out”, 2019
1986  Kat Dennings, Philadelphia PA, TV actress (‘Max Black’ on “2 Broke Girls” 2011-17)
1986  Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen, Sherman Oaks CA, former TV actresses (twins who played ‘Michelle Tanner’ on “Full House” 1987-95)/co-founders of a billion-dollar consumer-goods company, including The Row and Olsenboy fashion lines
TODAY’S BS REASONS TO PARTY . . .
• “Kitchen Klutzes Day”, celebrating not-so-accomplished cooks by encouraging them to prepare a recipe that contains no more than 4 ingredients, not including water, salt & pepper. (Umm, does ketchup count?)
• “Weed Your Garden Day” … or maybe you could just start referring to it as a ‘wildflower display’?
• “Sewing Machine Day”, Thomas Saint patented the first sewing machine in 1790. Since then, the sewing machine has become one of the iconic symbols of the Industrial Revolution. (Any idea how to work one of those things?)
• “Random Acts of Light Day”, encourages us to bring light to the darkness of cancer by surprising someone with an act of kindness.
COMING UP . . .
[Fri] Flag Day
[Fri] National Flip Flop Day
[Sat] Fly a Kite Day
[Sat] World Juggling Day
THIS DAY IN SHOW BIZ . . .
2005  After a sensational 16-week trial in Los Angeles, Michael Jackson is found innocent of child molestation charges
2015  Queen Elizabeth II officially celebrates her 89th birthday with a Trooping the Color ceremony and bestows knighthood upon actor Kevin Spacey and singer Van Morrison as part of the celebration
TODAY’S MUSIC EVENTS . . .
1995  Alanis Morissette releases her classic album “Jagged Little Pill.” It has sold more than 30 million copies worldwide.
2006  Heather Mills, ex-model and estranged wife of Paul McCartney, announces her intention to divorce the billionaire musician, which eventually costs him a reported $50 million (money well spent, right Paul?)
2008  A Chicago jury acquits R. Kelly of all 14 charges of child pornography against him
TODAY’S FIRST . . .
1920  US Post Office says children can no longer be sent by parcel post (after various instances of just that)
BS WHACK FACTS:
✓ For his scene in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”, Charlie Sheen stayed awake for 48 hours to get the desired ‘wasted’ look.
✓ The idea for the poster for “The Usual Suspects” came before any script or story.
✓ The “Back to the Future” movie franchise is safe from reboots for as long as the original director and writer are alive.
✓ “Star Wars” was originally titled “The Star Wars.”
✓ James Caan improvised the now-immortal, phrase “Bada-Bing” on the set of ‘The Godfather’.
✓ George Lucas’ dog was named Indiana.
(***Caution***) BS OVERHEARD AT A NUDIST CAMP:
• “Honey, stop being so clothes-minded.”
• “That’s a clever way to carry donuts.”
• “I thought they said there would be ‘skinny’ dipping.”
• “We are looking for a few brave volunteers to fry bacon.”
• “Getting a sunburn here takes it to a whole new level.”
• “Wow. If only you could iron skin.”
• “How’s it hanging?”
• “Yes, I AM wearing the same outfit I wore yesterday.”
• “I thought you said we were going to a BUDDHIST camp!”
• “Look, you don’t understand. There was shrinkage!”
Best of BS . . .
BS DAD MOVIES:
• Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dad
• D.I.Y. Hard
• From Here To Paternity
• The Good, The Dad and the Ugly
• About a Lazyboy
• My Grill
• The Fatherhood of the Traveling Cargo Shorts
• Do the Right Thing. Or you’re grounded.
• No Country For My Old Man
• Get off Mulan!
-Twitter, first published in ‘BS’ in 2018
BS PHONE STARTER:
What one thing would the rest of your graduating class remember most about you?
BS U-PICK TRIVIA:
• How many ways are there to make change for a dollar (including using pennies)?
b. 238 [CORRECT]
• Which is an ingredient used in the manufacture of dynamite?
d. peanuts [CORRECT]
BS RANDOM JOKE:
If you know a good way to get rid of ear wax, give me a shout!
BS WATER COOLER QUESTION:
Question: 7 per cent of babies have THIS. What is it?
Answer: A social media profile
BS DEEP THOUGHT:
Don’t trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.