Wednesday, November 29, 2017 – Edition: #6108
Sheet for Brains!
BS SHOW BIZ BUZZ:
★ James Cameron says Kate Winslet demanded to do all ”her own water work” in ‘Avatar 2’. Cameron has let it out that Winslet has already done a ”couple of days of rehearsals” and confirmed she will be playing one of the Sea People in the upcoming Avatar film. According to Cameron’s current schedule, the next chapter will be released in 2020, followed by the other three in 2021, 2024 and 2025.
(By which time we’ll have seen more blue people than Papa Smurf…)
★ Chloe Grace Moretz‘s performance in Louis C.K.‘s defunct film, “I Love You, Daddy,” was so great that producers felt she had a shot at an Oscar nomination, and were already planning a campaign to make it happen. A typical Academy Award campaign involves tedious planning to schedule screenings and interviews for the right people, as well as spending lots of money on advertising, specifically billboards. After the cancellation of the premiere and indefinite shelving of the movie, any chance of an Oscar is gone. Insiders say that even if “I Love You, Daddy” ever sees the light of day, it will get zero recognition because of its affiliation with Louis C.K.
★ The Walking Dead’s Lennie James is leaving to cross over to ‘Fear The Walking Dead’. The long-standing question was answered on Sunday night’s ‘The Walking Dead’ episode, and for him, it is bittersweet. According to James, who is an original Walking dead castmember, “The hardest part of it… has been leaving The Walking Dead — leaving that cast, leaving that crew…but on Fear, I’m really looking forward to exploring Morgan in a whole different world, with different characters, in a different place.”
(Same dead characters, just fresher!)
★ Nicole Richie almost set her dad, Lionel Richie, on fire. It seems that she tried to carry out the popular cupping treatment on him. This involves pouring alcohol into cups that are heated before they are applied to the skin. They are supposed to create a vacuum to relieve muscle tension. When Nicole tried it with her dad, things went wrong when she got a ‘little too close’ to burning his skin.
(Then he REALLY would have been ‘Dancing on the Ceiling’!)
★ Just when you thought their days of fist-pumping were over, the “Jersey Shore” crew is returning to MTV for another season, dubbed “Jersey Shore Family Vacation,” in 2018. The network confirmed the news on Monday during the premiere of “Floribama Shore,” the second series of what they hope will be an ongoing franchise.
TODAY’S SHOW BIZ SKED:
• “Jimmy Kimmel Live” (ABC/Global): James Franco, Octavia Spencer, Brooklynn Prince, BTS
• “The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon” (NBC/CTV): John Boyega, Kevin Nealon
• “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” (CBS/Global): Justin Timberlake, Carmen Yulin Cruz
• “Late Night with Seth Meyers” (NBC/CTV): John Oliver, Rachel Bloom, Will Dorsey Jr.
• “The Late Late Show with James Corden” (CBS/CTV): Armie Hammer, Juno Temple, Charlie Puth
• “Conan” (TBS/Comedy): Rob Riggle
• “Watch What Happens Live” (Bravo): Robin Lord Taylor, Teresa Giudice
• “The View” (ABC/CTV): Day of Hot Topics
• “The Talk” (CBS): Suzanne Somers, Janee Bolden, guest co-host Darius Rucker
• “Live with Kelly and Ryan” (ABC/CTV): John Boyega, Rachel Bloom, Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters
• “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (NBC/CTV): Bryan Cranston, Timothee Chalamet, Armie Hammer, Daya
• “Survivor” (CBS): Buy One, Get One Free
• “Christmas in Rockefeller Center” (NBC): Brett Eldredge, Jennifer Nettles, Leslie Odom Jr., Pentatonix, Gwen Stefani, and the Tenors are among the performers at the 85th annual tree-lighting gala in Manhattan. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb and Al Roker host.
• “Bruno Mars: 24K Magic Live at the Apollo” (CBS): Bruno Mars performs at the Apollo Theater in New York City with his band the Hooligans, and takes to the streets, visiting, singing and entertaining locals.
BS MUSIC NOTES:
• The Weeknd – has unfollowed his ex, Selena Gomez, on Instagram. She unfollowed him first on November 17. (But for him to unfollow the most-followed person on Instagram?)
• Fergie – will host the upcoming Fox singing competition ‘The Four’. She joins the previously set panel of Sean “Diddy” Combs, DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor and Charlie Walk. The Four debuts on Jan. 4 (makes sense).
• Bruno Mars – was singing ”at the top of his lungs” all night long after winning five prizes at 2017 Soul Train Awards. He took home Album of the Year, Video of the Year and Best Dance Performance for ’24K Magic’, as well as, Best R&B/Soul Male Artist and Song of the Year for ‘That’s What I Like’.
• Paris Jackson – was flying under the radar on Monday as she serenaded the people in Rennes, France with her songs. Wearing fingerless gloves and a giant hiking backpack as she strummed a ukulele, she sang as she strolled through a public square.
• Katy Perry – a fan says a large plastic eyeball stage-prop kicked by Perry almost knocked her over. The concert-goer was hit right in the middle of her face and had her phone knocked out of her hand. She has tweeted video evidence. (Imagine that. Someone at a concert with their phone out…)
• Lil Peep – Police are looking into the possibility that fentanyl, an opioid pain medication, played a role in his death. Police received tips that he may have overdosed by taking drugs laced with the powerful narcotic.
• Noel Gallagher – has invited Kanye West to add a rap to a new song of his. The song ‘Fort Knox’ was inspired by ‘Ye, and Gallagher says because it was written with no singing, Kanye could “put a little rap on it”. ‘Who Built The Moon?’ by Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds came out on Friday.
• John Lennon – over 100 items belonging to the late Beatle, stolen from his widow Yoko Ono in New York in 2006, have been recovered by police in Berlin. The items – including two pairs of Lennon’s famous circular glasses, three diaries, sheet music and a cigarette case – came to the attention of police after they were contacted by an administrator handling bankruptcy proceedings for a German auction house. One man has been arrested.
• Trace Adkins – will serve as grand marshal for the Krewe of Centaur’s 2018 Mardi Gras parade in Shreveport, Louisiana, and will ride in the Feb. 8 parade. He is a Louisiana native.
• Blake Shelton – (***NOTE CONTENT***) appears to be loving the fact that he was named ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ by People magazine. In an interview, he doesn’t hide what the honor truly means to him. Quote: “I can’t wait to shove this up Adam’s a–. As proud as I am and honored that you guys asked me, that’s really the only thing I care about.” The Adam in question is, of course, Shelton’s fellow ‘The Voice’ coach, Adam Levine.
• Florida Georgia Line – Tyler Hubbard spent his Thanksgiving holiday having, and then recovering from, back surgery. He has been dealing with back pain for years. Friday, he Instagrammed videos and photos of him looking dazed and confused in a hospital bed post-surgery.
TOYS ‘R’ THIS GUY:
A Cherry Hill, New Jersey man decided that he’d like to do something nice for the kids in his town, so he walked into a Toys ‘R’ Us store and paid for over 8,000 items which were there on layaway. The man, identified only as ‘Charlie K’ said that he wanted to give back to the community that’s given him and his family so much. He also paid for a large donation of toys to the ‘Toys for Tots’ program. Instead of buying a few gifts for his son on Black Friday, which was his original plan that morning, he decided to pay for all of the over 8,000 toys on layaway — and asked everyone in the store to pick out three toys to be donated to Toys for Tots, an organization that distributes toys to kids whose parents can’t afford them on Christmas.
(It looks like it will be “Cheery Hill, New Jersey” this Christmas!)
(Man, if I had enough money to buy 8,000 toys…I’d probably spend it on toys too!)
(What exactly does this guy do for a living? Asking for a friend.)
BUCKETING THE TREND:
You’re familiar with the ‘bucket list’, where you write down all the things that you would like to do before you ‘kick the bucket’. Here’s something new to try. It’s called the ‘reverse bucket list’. Rather than writing down all of the things you hope to one day achieve, you instead write down a list of all the things you’ve already accomplished, things that make you feel proud. It’s a mindfulness exercise that has been making the rounds on blogs and other places where people do things like this. It is said to help you feel a sense of gratitude for all that you have accomplished, and taps into your sense of nostalgia, which helps to counteract loneliness, boredom, and anxiety. Creating a reverse bucket list is like creating a nostalgia playlist–it’s a collection of your greatest hits and memories. And it can also give you a sense of progress. Traditional bucket lists can often feel like a daily to-do list. But taking stock of what you have accomplished can boost self-esteem and motivation.
(Which is great…until everyone makes it an exercise in bragging on Facebook!)
(The only thing I reverse a bucket for is to reach something on the shelf in my garage!)
(So when your reverse bucket list is longer than your bucket list, does that mean you’re OLD?)
AWESOME THINGS ABOUT GOOGLE:
➠ Was originally going to be called “Backrub.” (Would the phrase “Backrub it” sound a little awkward?)
➠ The first Google computer storage was built with Legos. (Does the coloring of the Google logo make sense now?)
➠ Google offices are designed so no one is more than 200 feet away from food. (And if you can’t find it, just …..Mapquest it. No, wait…Google it!)
➠ They rent goats to mow the lawn. (You can do that?)
➠ Google allows employees to bring their dogs to work. (And as a result, probably doesn’t have many carpeted floors!)
➠ New employees are called “Nooglers.” (Which may or may not sound disgusting…)
➠ One Google search uses more computing power than it took to send Apollo 11 to the moon. (Quicker, too.)
BS CHRONOMETER 11.29.17
TODAY’S CELEBIRTHDAYS . . .
1954  Joel Coen, Minneapolis MN, movie producer-director-screenwriter (“No Country for Old Men”, “Fargo”)/brother of filmmaking partner Ethan Coen
1955  Howie Mandel, Toronto ON, TV personality (“America’s Got Talent” since 2010, “Deal or No Deal” 2005-09)/stand-up comedian
1964  Don Cheadle, Kansas City MO, movie actor (“Iron Man 2″, “Ocean’s Eleven” movies) COMING UP…Avengers: Infinity War, 2018
1968  Jonathan Knight, Dorchester MA, pop singer (New Kids On the Block-‘Step by Step’, ‘Hangin’ Tough’)
1970  Frank Delgado, LA CA, rock keyboardist (Deftones-‘Minerva’, ‘Change’)
1976  Anna Faris, Baltimore MD, movie actress (“Housebunny”, “22 Jump Street”, TV/”Mom” since 2013″
1979  The Game (Jayceon Taylor), LA CA, rapper (f/Lil Wayne-‘My Life’, f/50 Cent-‘Hate It or Love It’)
1982  Lucas Black, Decatur AL, TV actor (‘Christopher LaSalle’ on “NCIS: New Orleans” since 2014)
TODAY’S BS REASONS TO PARTY . . .
• “Electronic Greetings Day”, another excuse to interact with others via messaging, Facebook, email, voicemail, etc.
• “Square Dance Day”, a chance to get out and ‘dosey-doe’ with your partner.
• “Customer is Wrong Day”, if you work in retail, celebrate it at your own risk! You’ll receive some long-overdue satisfaction, to be sure, but weigh the risks and the benefits before you begin your mantra of “The Customer is Always Wrong…!” (Even if they usually are…)
• “National Chocolates Day”, and no, you can’t have one from the second tray until all the lame ones on the top tray are gone!
• “Throw Out Your Leftovers Day”, after a couple of days of heating and cooling and heating and cooling your leftovers, it’s time to let them go…
• “Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting” (***see Today’s Show Biz Sked***)
AND REMEMBER . . .
[Thurs] National Mousse Day
[Thurs] Computer Security Day
[Fri] Eat a Red Apple Day
[Fri] International Sweater Festival
THIS DAY IN SHOW BIZ . . .
2011  Convicted of involuntary manslaughter, Dr Conrad Murray receives a 4-year sentence for Michael Jackson’s 2009 death
TODAY’S MUSIC EVENTS . . .
2001  George Harrison of The Beatles dies in LA of cancer at age 58
2009  Susan Boyle’s debut album, “Dreamed a Dream”, tops the chart in several countries and becomes the best-selling debut in UK history (the then 48-year-old had been a runner-up on “Britain’s Got Talent”)
2014  Taylor Swift replaces herself at #1 on the ‘Billboard Hot 100 as ‘Blank Space’ knocks ‘Shake It Off’ from the top spot, making Swift the first female artist to do so
BS WACK FACTS:
✓ The average person unlocks his or her smartphone 110 times each day.
✓ Gold is edible.
✓ The human nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
✓ The human brain is composed of 60% fat, making it our fattiest organ.
✓ The word ‘almost’ is the longest word in the English language to have all of its letters in alphabetical order.
✓ The word ‘oxymoron’ is itself an oxymoron. It is derived from Ancient Greek where ‘oxy’ means ‘sharp’ and ‘moros’ means stupid.
SIGNS YOU’RE MARRIED TO A SPY:
• When you tell him about your day, he says, “I know.”
• He introduces himself last name first, then first name followed by last name again.
• Whenever you use his pen, the grocery list turns into a smoking heap of ash.
• You grab the wrong book and a secret door swings open.
• When you sneak up on her to scare her for fun, she does a spin move and chokes you out.
• His Christmas wish list includes sharks with fricking laser beams attached to their heads
• He owns an assortment of trench coats and has a penchant for hiding in bushes. Note: He also might be a pervert.
• All text messages self destruct after 30 seconds
• The names of all the women in his address book seem suspiciously like double-entendres.
• He sets his Amazon account to auto reorder piano wire every month, but you don’t own a piano.
• Someone is always trying to run you off the road.
• She tells you to talk dirty in bed. But closer to the microphone.
• You are a spy and you both work at the same place.
BS PHONE STARTER:
☎ What movie or TV show title best describes your week so far?
BS RANDOM JOKE:
I lost my job at a cocktail bar for violence, but it was the customer’s fault for saying: “Give me your finest punch, sir.”
BS U-PICK TRIVIA:
What percentage of women keep old jeans that no longer fit as motivation to lose weight?
d. 39 [CORRECT]
BS WATER COOLER QUESTION:
Question: According to a study, men who have THESE end up making better life decisions. What is it?
BS DEEP THOUGHT:
People who wonder whether the glass is half empty or half full miss the point. The glass is refillable.
Like the Bull Sheet? Like ‘The Bull Sheet’ on Facebook!